
So I did it....I tried out.
Mo`nique came to Dallas...and I got my happy but up at 5am, sat in line for 3 hours, and auditioned for "Mo'nique's F.A.T. Chance"!!!
I am definitely excited that I was a part of this experience. Really!!
Being in a room with FABULOUS, BEAUTIFUL, and THICK women....makes you see yourself in a whole different life. It makes you appreciate who you are. I EMBRACE my curves....always have, but there is something about being in a room, and feeling normal, per say. I had people tell me that I was beautiful. Not so pretty to be a thick girl, but beautiful. I had guys looking at me...and I knew they thought I was gorgeous, and took my size, and threw it out the window. To them I was
fine..
So many shapes, sizes, colors, ethnicity's, backgrounds....and it wasn't catty at all!!
It just felt amazing to be around so much positive energy!!
And I looked fierce girl!!! (shout out to Tia and Toya~ picked up that rimmel mascara...MAN!!)
I know I'm not the heaviest girl....and most of my friends attributed that to me not being picked for the semi-finals (I was one of the smaller girls there), but I think that its sad when your stuck in the middle, and you cannot enter a contest, beauty, talent or otherwise, and not be judged by your size. It sucks that no matter what, your always going to get 7 out of 10, bc your not a size 2, or a 20. (all the semi-finalists....about a size 22 and higher). But as much as it sucks.....you bond with some new people, make new friends, and get a chance to see behind the scenes of a reality contest. TOO FUNNY!!
But, I just wanted to share with you guys my experience....it was fun! Hope your all having a GREAT weekend!!!
I am definitely excited that I was a part of this experience. Really!!
Being in a room with FABULOUS, BEAUTIFUL, and THICK women....makes you see yourself in a whole different life. It makes you appreciate who you are. I EMBRACE my curves....always have, but there is something about being in a room, and feeling normal, per say. I had people tell me that I was beautiful. Not so pretty to be a thick girl, but beautiful. I had guys looking at me...and I knew they thought I was gorgeous, and took my size, and threw it out the window. To them I was
fine..
So many shapes, sizes, colors, ethnicity's, backgrounds....and it wasn't catty at all!!
It just felt amazing to be around so much positive energy!!
And I looked fierce girl!!! (shout out to Tia and Toya~ picked up that rimmel mascara...MAN!!)
I know I'm not the heaviest girl....and most of my friends attributed that to me not being picked for the semi-finals (I was one of the smaller girls there), but I think that its sad when your stuck in the middle, and you cannot enter a contest, beauty, talent or otherwise, and not be judged by your size. It sucks that no matter what, your always going to get 7 out of 10, bc your not a size 2, or a 20. (all the semi-finalists....about a size 22 and higher). But as much as it sucks.....you bond with some new people, make new friends, and get a chance to see behind the scenes of a reality contest. TOO FUNNY!!
But, I just wanted to share with you guys my experience....it was fun! Hope your all having a GREAT weekend!!!
2 comments:
22 or higher? that ain't right. esp. if they say you need to be something smaller than that. rimmel is the bomb!
Congrats for going to the audition. Sorry you didn't get picked. And I feel you on being surrounded by other "fluffy" sistas!
Post a Comment