Wednesday, May 23, 2007

ALL MY LIFE I HAD TO FIGHT......

I know....don't get on me too hard. But I have been moving, working, and taking finals. Don't knock your girls hustle. I should've told y'all, but I was in a zone. Sorry. Please forgive me;)

Now, on to what I wanted to share with you.........

Y'all know that dumb people are my pet peeve right? I know y'all know, I dedicated a whole post to stupid people. It hasn't gotten any better.....it's almost like they are invading and taking over the world. Which makes me want to pop a BC powder. For real.

They are everywhere, and the latest person on my ish list about being stupid.......the cashier at my local Tom Thumb. (maybe your Randall's or what have you)

HOME GIRL PISSED ME OFF........

I consider myself somewhat of a wine aficionado....I love it. Take me to a winery on a date, guarantee you cool points by the end. PROMISE. Any who....I'm in Tom Thumb, buying wine for our "home"warming party, that ps was SO freaking fabulous it hurt. Searching for good wine in a grocery store can be somewhat straining. You know what you want, but there top shelf stuff isn't all that great. However, there is a winery in College Station, Messina Hoff....absolutely delish!! Anyway, they have it on special, 6 bottles, for 10% off.....nice, I grab 6 bottles 3 each of angel Riesling, and Paulo port....my mouth waters in retrospect. ANY who.......I go to checkout and the lady ask for ID....give it to her, I'm grown, no biggie. She tells me she can't sell me the wine, not bc I am not 21, but bc the picture doesn't look like me....and my license is bent. MY LICENSE IS BENT....excuse me? My picture looks exactly like me...not once in my 23 years has anyone told me that I look like anyone else, bc I don't. I have a very unique look, I don't look like my mom, I have some of her features. I don't look like my dad, I have some of his features. But you know how you have people come up to you and say, you remind me of someone, or I know a girl who looks just like you....never happened. Not once. So my pic looks just like me....and to tell me you can't give me my wine bc my licence is bent...huh? THIS HOOKER SAID IT WAS AGAINST THE LAW!!!!!!!! Ya'll know what I wanted to do right? I wanted to jack her up by her collar and smack her around a little.....but I didn't. I resisted the urge, however, after I looked at her for about 5 min.....while the line was backing up....I did manage to say politely, can u get a manager to confirm that for me? "Sure..." She proceeded to pick up that manila phone to call a manager, ask me to step to the side while she suspends my transaction, so that she can get the next customer. I told her just like this...."I will not....your register time can go up for all I care, but your the one who is denying me service, when the manager gets here I'll do what he asks me to do." The reason I had attitude is because this lady was SO RUDE. Like her picture could be by the definition in the dictionary. I tried to maintain my cool, but I had to check her a$$ real fast at the last comment. So the manager comes, her light is blinking, I explain to him what was going on. He looked at her like he wanted to throw her to the dogs. He advised me 1) that the picture issue was non-relevant....the id was real, and he could tell that it was me...it didn't look any different. 2) it is NOT against Texas law to sell you wine with a bent license however it is to serve you in a restaurant....stoopit in its own right, but I have never been refused..so who cares! How many waiters you know would risk there tip to tell you you can't drink bc of a bent license?? I'll wait..................yeah, didn't think so. So right there....no lie, he told her to go to his office, and he checked me out. I don't care what y'all say, but when he said that was a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic....I died!! It was validation for me that I'm not the stoopit one...she was! I knew it.....I swear I did.



Sat in that jail, I sat in that jail til I felt like I's bout to rot to death. I know what it like to wanna go somewhere and cain't. I know what it like to wanna sing... and have it beat out 'ya. I want to thank you, Miss Celie, fo evrything you done for me. I 'members that day in the store with Miss Millie - I's feelin' real down. I's feelin' mighty low. And when I seed you - I knowd they is a God. I knowd they is a God.



LOL!!! Love that movie.....ya'll have a good week! Be Easy;)

1 comment:

Jameil said...

did you see they're playing it on oh now? its cool. glad you called the manager and didn't step aside. i have such a tendency to be nice and to actually step aside. i may have also walked out. hm. something to think about.