Had to let you know why I haven't posted a real post...
My grandfather, my "Fat"(called him that since I was little), passed away this weekend, and although me and him weren't extremely close, I remember when I used to walk in the room and say hi to him when I was little. He was the grandfather who didn't say much, but his hugs did. He was the grandpa who didn't have to say it, but you knew he was proud. I knew he was proud when he looked at me. Proud of me for not letting where I came from stop me from being the best that I can be. Proud bc I continued to better myself, proud that I wasn't like the rest, living under his roof with kids, and on welfare. Proud that I respected him in a different way, and I made sure that he was alright, instead of trying to take. "Oh, I'm doing okay...you?" Always!!
But he isn't suffering anymore, he isn't in pain anymore. And though he never said it, my mind is at peace with the look in his eye that told me he was proud of me. RIP "Fat".....see you when I get there!!! I love you!!
Tuesday, March 13, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
hugs homie. i keep thinking about what a mess i'll be when my grandma dies. we aren't that close either but still. she's the only living grandparent i have. RIP fat.
Thanks J!! Means more than you know...
Post a Comment