Friday, July 14, 2006

DUNCES

Can I just say that people are interesting to me? I mean seriously it amazes me how different we are, and the things that we say and do really make me go hmmm? With that being said, why do people say dumb things? I mean there should be limitations on what people say, especially if the things that are coming out of their mouths is dumb! I mean, seriously? SERIOUSLY?
Dumb people are my pet peeve, so I may have a high standard set for what people say, but you should really have enough sense as a grown person to make the right decision on what to say and if it is appropriate to say. Whether it be bc of the people around you, or what race they are, or gender....think before you say it. The thought process is simple:
SAY TO SELF
1."Self is this going to make anyone uncomfortable?"
2."Self is this going to get me punched in the face, yelled at, or threatened?"
3."Self is this appropriate to say in front of these people?"
4."Self will this be a good decision for me?"
If the answer to any of the above is no, don't say it.
Example:#1(the point of my post today)
I love my job....thats not to say that I don't have hard days, who doesn't. But my bad days are due to my customers most of the time, and not my co-workers.
Customer A states that she is lost in the middle of the ghetto and she doesn't feel safe...mind you the ghetto is an all too familiar place for me bc she is in the heart of Dallas, where I grew up, so I can only assume that she means that she is around too many black people at this point. First, your in Dallas, it is a melting pot and if your not used to seeing black people, move to
Idaho. Second, she didn't know who she was talking to, and she didn't go through the above steps to make sure she wouldn't get cussed out. Luckily I am at work, so I couldn't say anything.
Example# 2
One of my friends was on the talking to a customer, speaking very professionally. The lady, obviously of the other persuasion, said at the end of the call, "I'm glad I am not talking to one of those black people".....okay I am going to stop here and let you think about that one. wait for it, wait for it.....wait a little more....got it? Okay none of the above steps were taken and that was one of the DUMBEST things ever said! Of course my friend who is black, told her "ma'am I am black"....couldn've been me, bc I probably would've gotten written up that day...I take that back, I know I would have got a write up , no questions. Tell me that lady did not need an a$$ whooping! Like for real, she needs some lessons on how to speak to people. I don't care who your talking to, that was a comment that needed to be left in her head, it didn't need to be said. DUMB!
So you get my drift right? Sorry I had to vent today bc people are getting outrageous! Just have some common sense and be mindful of what your saying or you really could be setting yourself for an a$$ kicking!











**thanks to all who prayed for my dad last week, greatly appreciated, and he is pulling through!

2 comments:

Jarrod said...

If you got something to say...say that shit! I applaud people who speak their minds. Sure it may get your ass handed to you...but that's the risk you take when keeping it real goes wrong.

Southern Girl said...

@Jarrod~True, you do need to keep it real, and true if you got something to say, say it. BUT, if what your saying is as stupid and assanine as what these people said, you need to stop, think about it, and if you still want to get your "ass handed" to you then go ahead.As much as you "keep it real" have common decency and respect before you say things like these dumb broads! Thx for your opinion though.....